[R] MLE for right-censored data with covariates

krogovin rogovin.katie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 01:27:57 CET 2009

I am a student (and very to new to R) working on a senior design project that
is attempting to determine the demand distributions for single copy
newspaper draws at individual sales outlet locations.  Our sales data is
right-censored, because sell-outs constitute a majority of the data, and we
are also testing the relevance of including covariates (weather,
seasonality, economic condition, etc.).  We are trying to do MLE
calculations to determine each demand distribution and then use those
distributions for demand in the Newsvendor model.  Is there any package (or
combination of packages) to help?  We've been looking at survival...