[R] one-sample t-test with correlated (clustered) observations

Ian Fiske ianfiske at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 18:07:31 CET 2009

To handle the correlations, you can treat individuals as random blocks.  So
you have a mixed model with measurement technique crossed with measured
attribute and random intercepts for each individual.  You can fit this with
lmer() in the lme4 package.  Keep in mind there are a number of variations
on this... like whether or not to include a measurement*attribute
interaction, etc.

good luck,
ian