[R] Introduction to maps (of Denmark)?

Peter Jepsen PJ at DCE.AU.DK
Fri Feb 6 21:17:35 CET 2009

Dear R-listers,

I am using R for Windows Vista 64-bit. I have no experience working with
maps, but now I have to plot a map of Denmark in which each Danish
county is color-coded according to its incidence rate of a particular
disease. My problem is that I don't know where to start. I have read the
help files to packages like 'mapplot', and their examples indicate that
I am on the right track, but where do I find a suitably detailed map of
Denmark, and which format should I prefer? The terminology in the help
files etc. is overwhelming.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Peter.

***
R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=Danish_Denmark.1252;LC_CTYPE=Danish_Denmark.1252;LC_MONETARY=
Danish_Denmark.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=Danish_Denmark.1252

attached base packages: