[R] lme() direction

Mike Lawrence mike at thatmike.com
Sat Feb 7 18:37:06 CET 2009

And if I decided to ignore the "type" variable altogether and simply
use the continuous "valence" variable, this is what I'd use?

summary(lme(
	fixed = rt~valence*color
	, data = a
	,random = ~1|id
))

I also have continuous luminance measurements of each color that vary
from participant to participant (we used different monitors). If I
were interested in luminance *instead* of color, would the following
be appropriate, or do I need to do something special to account for
the fact that each participant has different values of luminance?

summary(lme(
	fixed = rt~valence*luminance
	, data = a
	,random = ~1|id