[R] glmmBUGS: logistic regression on proportional data

John Poulsen jpoulsen at zoo.ufl.edu
Sun Feb 8 14:29:33 CET 2009

Hello,

I am trying to run a logistic regression with random effects on
proportional data in glmmBUGS.  I am a newcomer to this package, and
wondered if anyone could help me specify the model correctly.

I am trying to specify the response variable, /yseed/, as # of successes
out of total observations... but I suspect that given the error below,
that is not correct.  Also, Newsect should be a factor, whereas Newdist
is continuous.

Thanks,
John

Newdat<-data.frame(Newtree=rep(1:3, each=20), Newsect=rep(c("a","b"),
each=10), Newdist=rep(1:5, 2),
                   y=rpois(60,2), tot=rep(c(14,12,10,8,6), 12))

yseed<-cbind(Newdat$y, Newdat$tot)

mod<-glmmBUGS(yseed~Newsect + Newdist, effects="Newtree",
family="binomial", data=Newdat)

Error in `[.data.frame`(data, , response, drop = FALSE) :
  undefined columns selected