[R] general inverse solver?

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Tue Feb 10 01:45:30 CET 2009

Gabor G a ecrit:
Check out the Ryacas package.   There is a vignette with some
examples.

----
Which led me to the manuals for yacas itself.  I'm guessing there may be
a way to use yacas'  "AND" construct to combine a few equations and then
hope the Newton Solver can work with that, but it's not clear that will
work.

TK!Solver is nice because you aren't limited to linear equations, nor to
equations which "fit" into a matrix structure, and because it's legal to
have more than one unknown to be back-solved (assuming the problem is
not under- or over-defined, of course).