[R] R running as a server on windows?

Antje niederlein-rstat at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 10 08:39:49 CET 2009

Hi there,

I'm not sure whether this is the right mailing list to put this question... if
not, please tell me where I can find help.

I have a spare dual-core machine which run Windows XP Professional and is
nearly unused (nearly! Unfortunately, I cannot change OS).
And I'm investigating Knime (knime.org) to set up data analysis workflows. They
have some nodes to execute R on a remote machine. Is it possible to run R on
this windows machine, so that I can call it from somewhere else?

Antje