[R] R running as a server on windows?

Bio7 marcel.austenfeld at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Feb 10 19:59:29 CET 2009

Yes you can run the Rserve application on a remote computer in e.g network
and then you can connect
it from your Desktop computer. I've done this already with a remote Linux
computer (Rserve is running
very stable on a Linux computer).
For example i clustered an R,G,B image on a linux computer with R to make
use of the additional RAM
without to load my Desktop application (The remote connection will be a new
feature in the next release of my application).
If the mentioned application uses Rserve and can be configured with an ip
adress etc. it should be
easily possible.
Please read the information how to config Rserve(and read the security info
carefully!) on the Rserve website:

http://www.rforge.net/Rserve/ http://www.rforge.net/Rserve/

->Documentation

I hope this information helps!