[R] generalized mixed model + mcmcsamp

Thomas Mang Thomas.Mang at fiwi.at
Wed Feb 11 10:51:20 CET 2009

Hi,

I have fitted a generalized linear mixed effects model using lmer
(library lme4), and the family = quasibinomial. I have tried to obtain a
MCMC sample, but on calling mcmcsamp(model1, 1000) I get the following
error which I don't understand at all:

Error in .local(object, n, verbose, ...) : Update not yet written

traceback() delivers:
4: .Call(mer_MCMCsamp, ans, object)
3: .local(object, n, verbose, ...)
2: mcmcsamp(model1, n = 1000, verbose = FALSE)
1: mcmcsamp(model1, n = 1000, verbose = FALSE)

which again doesn't particularly help me.

R is 2.8.1 under Windows, lme4 clean installed just today.
Before the model is fitted I just read in data, and transform some
variables. No other library is loaded.

Any ideas ?

thanks,
Thomas