[R] problem with 'which' and strings

Chrischizinski chris.chizinski at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:42:10 CET 2009

That would allocate, the vector down the column, correct? I should have
specified this clearer.   I want to put each metric value into the
appropriate column (as designated by the metric name ) in a single row.  My
data set SCORES.combined has the column headings for all potential metrics
that can be calculated in the database (as shown with names(orig.metric) ).
For example:

SCORES.combined[1,1:6]
	  'BenInsect'	CountofTaxa	Darter	DomTwoPct	     FishDELTPct
Minnows-Tolerant
06SC048	0	              10	              0	                7	           10
0

whereas the next site would not necessarily have the same metrics calculated
but would have the metric values allocated into the next row based on the
column headings.