[R] changing settings on a barchart (lattice)

Dimitri Liakhovitski ld7631 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 18:10:33 CET 2009

Hello!

I apologize - I never used lattice before, so my question is probably
very basic - but I just can't find the answer in the archive nor in
the documentation:

I have a named numeric vector p of 6 numbers (of the type 6 numbers
with people's names to whom those numbers belong). I want a simple bar
chart.

I am doing:

library(lattice)
trellis.par.set(fontsize=list(text=12))      # Changes only axes font
barchart(~sort(p),main="Text for main",xlab="Text for X axis",
col=PrimaryColors[3])

It works just fine.
Question: Where how can I change such things as font size for X axis
label (below the numbers), font size for Title, value labels (to label
bars with actual numbers), add grids, etc.?

Thanks a lot!

--
Dimitri Liakhovitski
MarketTools, Inc.