[R] Reading Binary Files

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 11 18:20:12 CET 2009

Argument 'size' is what you are looking for, cf. help(readBin).
Whenever reading binary files this way, I strongly recommend that you
are explicit about all arguments of readBin(), e.g.

readBin(con, what=integer(), size=2, signed=TRUE, endian="little", n=n);

For instance, you probably do not want 'endian' to be dependent on the
platform (see help) you run on, but instead be specific to the file
format you are reading.

/Henrik