[R] plots and text to the same output file

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Thu Feb 12 09:57:33 CET 2009

lauramorgana at bluewin.ch wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to save different plots and some text (like summaries, AIC, ...) on the same file.
> I've read the e-mails entitled "Output results to a single postscript document" written some days ago and I've tried
> to use the function odfInsertPlot() in the package "odfWeave" but it doesn't work on my computer (I've seen that
> odfWeave package depends on XML package, which is not available for windows...)
> Does somebody know if there is another function or package that could help? I would need at least to put all the
> plots on the same file
> ... of course I could copy and paste them by hand but there are tens of graphs...
Hi Laura,
Both the R2HTML package and the htmlize and R2html functions in the
prettyR package enable saving the output of a session in an HTML file
(with associated image files). The latter two functions are particularly
easy if you already have a running script and want to get the output in
an easily viewable format. The advantage of HTML is that it can be
displayed by "any damn browser".

Jim