[R] Reading "attachment" mails on the R-help mailing list

ravi rv15i at yahoo.se
Thu Feb 12 13:49:09 CET 2009

Hi,
I have a minor problem in reading some mail on the R-help list. On opening these mails which probably have a content of more than just simple text, I get a message resembling the following :

Name: not available

I had no trouble in reading these mails before. I just clicked on the highlighted URL. Lately, I have installed Perl and am beginning to play around with it. After the installation of Perl, I need to save the message and then open it, for example with notepad, to read it.

Is there any simple workaround for this? That is, how can I retain the Perl installation and still read the mail.
Thanking you,
Ravi