[R] Eror message: not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Thu Feb 12 17:16:58 CET 2009

  From the R directory, after configuring successfully,
try

 /usr/ccs/bin/make

  Do read the INSTALL manual, as BDR suggested ... that
also suggests

MAKE=/usr/ccs/bin/make
$MAKE (instead of "make")

it also sounds like you're inexperienced with
building software (apologies if not true), so the INSTALL
file might be written at too high a level. You might
skim http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/build_sw_on_solaris.html

  good luck
    Ben