[R] Eror message: not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Thu Feb 12 18:02:22 CET 2009

  ./configure --help  gives a list of configuration options.
  I'm not sure, but it looks like there might be a problem
building bzip libraries -- not sure why.

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.pdf

has Solaris building notes for Solaris, but the only mention
of bzip2 in the manual seems to be under HP-UX ... you've
already put /usr/ccs/bin in your path (as suggested in the
manual) ...

  Anyone else out there have clues?

  Ben