[R] r and c++ (Duncan Murdoch)

Pedro Silva psilva at porto.ucp.pt
Fri Feb 13 13:29:46 CET 2009

------------------------------

Message: 22
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:38:10 -0600
From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>
Subject: Re: [R] r and c++
To: JC <new2stats at googlemail.com>
Cc: r-help at r-project.org

Javier,

On 12 February 2009 at 16:16, JC wrote:
| is there a way to integrate R language within a c++ programme? That is,
| is there something like an R library I can incorporate in my c++ code?

I have two projects on R-Forge.R-Project.org that may be of interest:

 Rcpp		which makes it easy to pass R objects to and from C++ routines,
 		ie when you are building R packages, and the control resides
 		in the R session;

 RInside	which provides C++ classes to make embedding R into your C++
 		applications easier, and which uses some of the Rcpp classes
		for conversion.

RInside may be what you are looking for.  The package is currently somewhat raw
-- no configure logic, and the Makefile has the path that works for me (on
Debian / Ubuntu) but if you know enough about C, C++, R, ... to be tempted by
this you probably also know how to adapt this.

The code itself is mature.  I had used variants of RInside for quite some
time, and the inner workings are the same as in our well-tested littler
scripting frontend to R.

And yes, I should put up a webpage for RInside as well ...

Hth, Dirk

--

Esta mensagem (incluindo quaisquer anexos) pode conter informação confidencial ou legalmente protegida para uso exclusivo do destinatário. Se não for o destinatário pretendido da mesma, não deverá fazer uso, copiar, distribuir ou revelar o seu conteúdo (incluindo quaisquer anexos) a terceiros, sem a devida autorização. Se recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor informe o emissor, por e-mail, e elimine-a imediatamente. Obrigado.

This message may contain confidential information or privileged material, and is intended only for de individual(s) named. If you are not in the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.