[R] odfWeave & prettyR

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Fri Feb 13 18:05:35 CET 2009

lauramorgana <at> bluewin.ch <lauramorgana <at> bluewin.ch> writes:

> Hello,
> I've been trying to use odfWeave and prettyR packages to create documents with
both text and graphs, but so far I  haven't been very lucky...

> library(odfWeave) I get this message:

> Error: package 'XML' not loaded

> The problem is that on the CRAN web site the XML package is not available for
windows...

I just checked, and it is available for Windows from my mirror (Austria)
and from ETH (assuming you are CH).

However, there was a problem when using XML with Umlauts and the like
in a more recent version of XML on Windows (and on Windows only).

So after you installed XML (a must), first try with the odfWeave
standard examples. If these work, add an äü somewhere, try again.

Dieter