[R] I want axes that cross

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Feb 13 21:46:59 CET 2009

I think you ought to worry a bit about who might be laughing at whom.
You are asking for a plot with rather unnatural behavior and
potentially very misleading to the audience. Here it is, but you bear
full responsibility for any consequences:

plot(x,y,type="n", axes=F, xlim=c(min(x)-1, max(x)),
ylim=c(min(y)-1,max(y)))
points(x,y, pch="$",cex=0.7, col=z)
axis(1, col="green", col.axis="green",pos=-1)
axis(2, col="red", col.axis="red", pos=-2.5)

--
David Winsemius