[R] How to fit GARCH(1,1) with targeted unconditional variance?

Ted Young unixunix99 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 21:24:55 CET 2009

Hello,

I have a univariate data set, and the unconditional variance is 1.   I would
like to fit a GARCH(1,1) model to the data set with a constraint: \omega
(the constant parameter in GARCH(1,1)) is equal to 1-\alpha-\beta.  So the
unconditional variance can be controled to be \omega /(1-\alpha-\beta) = 1.

I was using garchFit (fGARCH package) but did not find the way to control.
Any help?

Thanks a lot!!

Ted