[R] How do I Edit Source Code Files On The Mac?

greggallen at gmail.com greggallen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 01:06:05 CET 2009

Hello!

I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.11 on a G4.

I use the "R" command, straight from a terminal, because the "GUI" is
slower, and I've never liked GUIs anyway.

I tried to set up my environment to use the vi editor, but it always
tries to save it in wierd things like this:

"/private/tmp/RtmpWIhhuo/41a7" 13L, 161C written

Sure I can "cp" it from that to my R directory, but that just seems wrong.

Anybody know what the "proper" way of editing and saving R source
is?(Preferably from the Darwin command line.)

Thanks,

Gregg Allen
Self-employed Techno-Geek/Slave