[R] PDF append help

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 17 08:04:26 CET 2009

You cannot just append to PDF files.  (Not just those generated by R,
but any PDf fiiles: you can combine files but it involves changing
them.)

Similarly, a PDF file that is incomplete (and it will be incomplete if
the deviae is sitll open) cannot be viewed.

Technical note: the problem is that there is a table of objects at the
end of the file.