[R] Error with "make" with R-devel

Lana Schaffer schaffer at scripps.edu
Tue Feb 17 19:17:56 CET 2009

Hi,
I am getting an error compiling the R-devel on a suse architecture
64-bit architecture.  The cp attribute is sending 'trusted.lov'
and an error.  This is a sample of the output:

>  make[3]: Entering directory
>`/lustre/people/schaffer/R-devel/src/library/base'
>building package 'base'
>make[4]: Entering directory
>`/lustre/people/schaffer/R-devel/src/library/base'
>all.R is unchanged
>cmp: EOF on ../../../library/base/R/base
>cp: getting attribute `trusted.lov' of `all.R': Operation not permitted
>make[4]: *** [mkR] Error 1
>make[4]: Leaving directory
>`/lustre/people/schaffer/R-devel/src/library/base'
>make[3]: *** [all] Error 2

Is there someone who can modify the Makefile so that I am able
to compile R-devel?

Lana Schaffer
Biostatistics/Informatics
The Scripps Research Institute