[R] matrix output

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Wed Feb 18 11:17:08 CET 2009

phoebe kong wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I have questions about printing a pretty big size matrix.
>
> As you could see from below, the matrix wasn't showed in R at full size
> (11X11), but it was cut partly into three smaller matrices (11X4,11X4,11X3).
> I'm wondering if there is a way to show the whole matrix with dimension
> 11X11, do you know how to make it?
>
> If R really couldn't fit the full big matrix at once, what about output the
> FULL matrix to a .pdf document? I have been wondering for a long time if we
> could output something other than graphic, like data frame or text, to a
> .pdf file.

Hi phoebe,
If you don't need PDF, you can get an HTML display of this sort of
matrix using the delim.table function in the prettyR package:

delim.table(SY,file="SY.html",delim="<td>",tabegin="<table border=1>",

You can embed a table like this into an HTML formatted output file of an
R session using the htmlize function and calling delim.table to format
the table.

Jim