[R] swich off printed info

robin robin.girard at mines-paristech.fr
Wed Feb 18 18:25:03 CET 2009

Dear R users,
I  use function kqr from package kernlab a large number of time and
every time it is used it prints an info message which slows the
process. Please note that it is not a warning message or an error
message and that there is no "info" option in the function that could
be set to FALSE.
How can I switch off this type of message ? I think of something
similar to setting warns option to -1  or  similar to a function that
could "handle" the message and throw it out  ( a sort of try function
for non error messages ... )

Thank you in advance for your answer

Robin Girard