[R] type III effect from glm()

Simon Pickett simon.pickett at bto.org
Thu Feb 19 12:10:51 CET 2009

Cheers Mark,

I did originally think too, i.e. that not including the main effect was the
problem. However, the same thing happens when I include main effects....

test1<-glm(count~siteall+yrs*district,family=quasipoisson,weights=weight,data=m[x[[i]],])
test2<-glm(count~siteall+district+yrs:district,family=quasipoisson,weights=weight,data=m[x[[i]],])
anova(test1,test2,test="F")

Model 1: count ~ siteall + yrs * district
Model 2: count ~ siteall + district + yrs:district
  Resid. Df Resid. Dev   Df Deviance F Pr(>F)
1      1933      75665
2      1933      75665    0        0

Simon.