[R] Source code for nlm()

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Feb 19 19:16:32 CET 2009

On 19/02/2009 1:00 PM, Ravi Varadhan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where can I find the source code for nlm()?  I dowloaded the R2.8.1.tar.gz
> file and looked at all the .c and .f files, but couldn't find either nlm.c
> or nlm.f
>
> There is an nlm.r file, but that is not useful.

I don't see why you say it's not useful, because it's the starting point
to find the code.

See

  Ligges, U. (2006): R Help Desk: Accessing the Sources. R News 6 (4),
43-45. http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/

for the next steps.  (To save you some time:  look in
src/main/optimize.c.  But Uwe's article would have got you there pretty
quickly).

Duncan Murdoch