[R] plotting questions

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Feb 21 01:05:00 CET 2009

On Feb 20, 2009, at 4:53 AM, Simon Pickett wrote:

> Hi Oliver,
>
> 1) thats easy, if you want to display several graphs at once type
> windows(), once for each new graph.
>
> 2) Not sure exactly what you mean here but you have complete control
> over graphs in R. e.g. plot a blank graph then add axex using
> axis(), add points using points(), etc. etc.

True, we to guess. My guess is that he wants:
ask {gtools}
R Documentation
Display a prompt and collect the user's responseDescription
Display a prompt and collect the user's response

Usage
ask(msg = "Press <RETURN> to continue: ")
So one plot would be sent to a graphics device, then ask(), then after
response, add a line or points or ... (but not a new plot() or
dev.new() command)

?dev.cur
?abline
?points