[R] Zoo or TS

miya ontiveros_paloma at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 05:41:30 CET 2009

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to plot some data across time. I have a list of articles, ranks,
date/times, authors, etc. Someone suggested using zoo and someone suggested
using ts. I'm pretty new at this and have been trying a simple if() plot()
statement, but it doesn't seem to work. I keep getting an error that Title
does not exist. Basically its saying that the headers do not exist as
objects. Can anyone please help.

Below is what I've been trying to do and a sample of the data I am working
with.

Thanks in advance.

Time	Date	Rank	Topic	Title	Author
0	xxxx	1	A	J	By PAUL
0	xxxx	2	B	K	By PERRI
0	xxxx	3	C	L	By WILL
0	xxxx	4	D	M	By ANA
1	xxxx	1	A	J	By PAUL
1	xxxx	2	B	L	By WILL
1	xxxx	3	C	M	By ANA
1	xxxx	4	D	K	By PERRI

if(NYT[Title]=="For Catholics, a Door to Absolution Is Reopened")
plot(NYT[Rank])

Error in `[.data.frame`(NYT, Title) : object "Title" not found