[R] Zoo or TS

Robert W. Baer, Ph.D. rbaer at atsu.edu
Sun Feb 22 19:23:03 CET 2009

You have not really made it clear what you are trying to do, and I don't see
the zoo vs ts involvement in your question.
Also, your test data and code snippet you give are not quite consistent.
Thus, my advice is  really a long-shot guess.

Assume your data looks like:
  Time Date Rank Topic Title Author
1    0 xxxx    1     A     J   PAUL
2    0 xxxx    2     B     K  PERRI
3    0 xxxx    3     C     L   WILL
4    0 xxxx    4     D     M    ANA
5    1 xxxx    1     A     J   PAUL
6    1 xxxx    2     B     L   WILL
7    1 xxxx    3     C     M    ANA
8    1 xxxx    4     D     K  PERRI

After copying it to the clipboard, you read it into R (on Windows) using the
command:
df=read.table(file="clipboard",header=TRUE)

You type df and confirm the data is as indicated

You want to plot just the Rank for Title J at times 0 and 1 and any other
time available in the time column. You donot use an "if" statement.  Rather
you use conditional arguements:
plot(df$Time[df["Title"]=="J"],df$Rank[df["Title"]=="J"])

If the time variable becomes a ts or zoo object, this syntax should still
work.

Hope this is what you are going after.

Rob Baer