[R] Using R in Java?

Fan Shao rainy14f at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 10:53:40 CET 2009

Hi nicro,

There's a way that we use a lot in our projects which allows Java to call R
and capture the text/table/image outputs. In Java We call 'Rscript
exampleScript.R' via shell command. The R script should generate an XML file
when it finishes, describing what output was generated, then java can pick
them all up.

We are also trying to look into Biocep -- it looks impressive in terms of
its capability in handling R and bridging Java-R.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Fan