[R] re ad.table prn file

canadiangirl19 canadiangirl19 at sms.at
Mon Feb 23 14:18:28 CET 2009

Dear Forum,

I´ve imported a prn file with read.table
(file("E:/test.prn"),sep="\t",skip=3). My problem is now, that my file has a
complicated structure: It is not tabstop seperated, it looks like that:

JEAR  JAN  FEB  MAR  APR
1938    15    4      9    12
1939    6      7    10    14
194099999999999999999

If there are default values, there is no seperation in the line, I want that
the program seperates after every JAN, FEB (in detail after the 18., 24., 36
character). Is there a possibility to seperate after i.e.the 15. character?
i tried with strsplit, but get no satisfying result.
Please help me.  I think I could do this with exel and export it with csv,
but i would like to solve the problem with R.