[R] re ad.table prn file

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Mon Feb 23 16:03:15 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 06:24:33AM -0800, canadiangirl19 wrote:
> write.fwf(test,file="E:/test.prn",widths=6),
> but get the error:
> Fehler in write.table(t(as.matrix(colnamesMy)), file = file, append =
> append,  :
>         unbenutzte(s) Argument(e) (widths = 6)
> My matrix hast only one column (so it is a vector), and many rows, I want to
> seperate the vector (after 6 character, I don´t know, is the width=6?) in a
> matrix with 5 columns. How can I do this? And with format.info I get no
> output.

Are you sure the above is your actual code? I didn't even know the
function write.fwf existed. I was suggesting was to READ the file with
read.fwf. Your reply seems to indicate that you are first reading the
file by some other means and then trying to write it back to a file.

If, for some obscure reason, you really cannot use read.fwf(),
textConnection() would be an option. But it would probably only
complicate things more than necessary.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik