[R] Obtaining Least Square Means with lme (mixed models)

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Feb 23 22:21:37 CET 2009

?predict.lme, probably with level =0.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at r-project.org [mailto:r-help-bounces at r-project.org] On
Behalf Of Claudia Ceballos
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 9:50 AM
To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: [R] Obtaining Least Square Means with lme (mixed models)

Hi Dear Alex, A few years ago you sent this email to R list:

Hello,
I was wondering how one could obtain LSM for fixed factors in a
mixed-effect model using lme. In other words, if I have model such as:
model<-lme(yield~period+treatment+period*treatment,
data=data,random=~1|cow)
how can I get LSM for period, treatment and their interaction?
Thanks a lot!
Alex

What was the response?? I have the same question!

Thanks!
--
Claudia Ceballos
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Ecology, Evolution and Organismal Biology