[R] Syntax in taking log to transfrom the data to fit Gaussian distribution

Saeed Ahmadi ahmadi_saeed at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 13:00:47 CET 2009

In order ot see if any of these syntaxes work or not, I made the QQ plot.
Attached files are showing the QQ plots made when log was inside the model
formulation and outside teh model formulation. You can see that when
transformation were done outside, then I have a general better QQ plot
(straight line fitted to the data).

Saeed

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22180394/qq%2Bplot%2Bwith%2Bthe%2Blog%2Btransformation%2Binside%2Bthe%2Bmodel.jpeg
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22180394/qq%2Bplot%2Bwith%2Bthe%2Blog%2Btransformation%2Boutside%2Bthe%2Bmodel.jpeg