[R] R interest group at Stellenbosch University formed: R at SUN

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:53:13 CET 2009

Hi

I know this only affects a small number of subscribers, so I apologize
to the "Non Stellenbosch University subscribers" for the noise.

Two weeks ago, four R users met and discussed the possibility of forming
an interest group of R users at SUN. The interest group (R at SUN) has the
aim of:

• Promote the use of R at SUN (Stellenbosch University);
• Organize Hons stats courses using R;
• Lobby for local R mirror;
• Request R books for library;
• Regular (monthly?) meetings to discuss R problems; aspects; new pack-
 ages; ...;
• Special interest Group (RSiG at SUN) seminars / workshops discussing special
usages of R in more detail (genetics, GIS, SQL, ...); and
• Offer seminars on R for departmental seminars et al.

Our first "official" meeting will take place:
WHEN: Wednesday, 4th of March at 14:00
WHERE: Ex Forestry Library, Paul Sauer Gebou

Everybody is invited to attend.

Please distribute this information as widely as possible.

You can subscribe to the mailing list either via the web interface

https://sympa.sun.ac.za/wws/info/r

or sending an email to

sympa at sympa.sun.ac.za

with

subscribe r <YourName>

in the body of the email.

Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions

me (Rainer Krug)        Rainer at krugs.de

or, the easier solution, subscribe to the mailing list and post your
question there.

Hope to see you there,

Rainer

Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)