[R] learning R

Berwin A Turlach berwin at maths.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 25 10:34:25 CET 2009

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:57:36 +0100
Wacek Kusnierczyk <Waclaw.Marcin.Kusnierczyk at idi.ntnu.no> wrote:

> markleeds at verizon.net wrote:
> >  David, Wacek: Just so everyone knows, I just looked and this is
> > explained quite clearly in the R Language Reference manual, very
> > similarly to what Wacek did below.
> >
> thanks, that's good, because i made it up following the page quoted by
> david, and if i'm flamed for nonsense, the langref has to be flamed
> too.

Actually, no.  :)

I do not remember the details, but I once tried to use the "R Language
Definition" (I presume this is what we are talking about) to support my
argument about some issue I had at that time.  It was pointed out to me
that the "R Language Definition" is a draft, hence not authoritative;
and it seems its status of being a draft has not changed since.

Cheers,

	Berwin