[R] All the products of common factors

Fox, Gordon gfox at cas.usf.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:25:52 CET 2009

Thanks for all the suggestions!

The tricky part isn't finding the common factors -- we knew how to do
that, though not in so concise a fashion as some of these suggestions.
It was finding all their products without what I (as a recovered Fortran
programmer) would call "truly brute force." Several of these suggestions
solve the problem nicely!

Gordon

P.S. The numbers involved will never be very large -- these are
dimensions of areas in which trees were sampled, in meters. They'll
always be on the order of 50-100m or so on a side.
--
Dr. Gordon A. Fox       Voice: (813)974-7352       Fax: (813)974-3263
Dept. of Integrative Biology ((for US mail:)SCA 110) ((for FedEx

"All the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers. Yes,
science has it all." -- Principal Skinner