[R] indexing model names for AICc table

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 01:28:20 CET 2009

I think part of your problem with your chosen method of attack arises
from your misspelling of the logLik function. The other part arises
because you have not yet digested FAQ 7.20:

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#How-can-I-turn-a-string-into-a-variable_003f

I haven't have much success assembling things in eval(substitute(...))
constructions, so if I were using a loop, I would have gone this way:

 > xlist <- list(x1,x2,x3)
 > for (i in 1:3 )
+ {
+ aic.table$Log.lik[i] <- logLik(lm(y~xlist[[i]]))[1]
+ }
 > aic.table
   model.number   Log.lik
1            1 -43.39382