[R] logistic regression - unequal groups in R

ekwaters ekwaters at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Feb 26 01:36:20 CET 2009

I am getting a repeated error when I try to run a logistic regression in R
2.8.1

>(glm(prop1~x1,data=glm1,family=binomial("logit"),weights=nt1))
Error in model.frame.default(formula = prop1 ~ x1, data = glm1, weights =
nt1,  :
  invalid type (list) for variable 'x1'

x1 is multistate categorical (3 categories). 2 of the categories have 12
observation, one has 9. Is this what it is objecting to?

Do I have to have equal numbers of observations of all categories in R?

nt1 is the total number of events for which p1 is the success proportion,
each is linked with a category, vis..

> list(glm1)
[[1]]
           V1 V1 V1
1  1.00000000 cc 10
2  0.73333333 cc 15
3  0.04761905 cc 21

etc....

Probably a newbie error either in data setup, but assistacne would be
appreciated.

Ned