[R] windows vs. linux code

jdeisenberg catcode at catcode.com
Thu Feb 26 02:32:58 CET 2009

Sherri Heck wrote:

> i am asking if, in general, r code can be written on a linux-based
> system and then run on a windows-based system.

Yes, if you avoid system-dependent calls like, um, system <grin/>, there
should be no problem. For example, normal stuff like t test, correlation,
plot, hist, barplot, matrix, etc. transfers nicely. CSV files created on one
system can be read on the other.

But to give a definitive answer for a particular case, we need to see the
code.