[R] Strange behavior of savePlot

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Feb 26 10:58:12 CET 2009

Christophe Genolini wrote:
> Uwe Ligges a écrit :
>>

>> Christophe Genolini wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am using savePlot in a loop for saving several graph but I get some
>>> graph in 553x552, some other in 1920x1119. How comes ?
>>> My data are almost all the same (same label, same xlim / ylim, almost
>>> same data. Only the color changes).  I save them in bmp.
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>

>> Rather than using a Windows Device and copying the contents, just use
>> the bmp() device directly if you really want bitmaps.
>>
>> Uwe Ligges
> I do not want a bitmaps. I use savePlot in a library, so I let the user
> decide whith export he wants.

Then, why not let the user choose a proper device?
Anyway, the resulting bitmap is copied from the screen device, that
means the size is also copied.
That means if you have some 1600x1200 screen and your windows device is
resized to fullscreen, than you will almost get 1600x1200 pixels in your
bitmap...

Uwe Ligges