[R] Moving Average

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 14:54:51 CET 2009

I saw Gabor's reply but have a clarification to request. You say you
want to remove low frequency components but then you request smoothing
functions. The term "smoothing" implies removal of high-frequency
components of a series.

If smoothing really is your goal then additional R resource would be
smooth.spline, loess (or lowess), ksmooth, or using smoothing terms in
regressions. Venables and Ripley have quite a few worked examples of
such in MASS.

--
David Winsemius