[R] generalized linear mixed models with a beta distribution

Jeff Evans evansj18 at msu.edu
Thu Feb 26 19:04:21 CET 2009

Has there been any follow up to this question? I have found myself wondering
the same thing: How then does SAS fit a beta distributed GLMM? It also fits
the negative binomial distribution.

Both of these would be useful in glmer/lmer if they aren't 'illegal' as
Brian suggested. Especially as SAS indicates a favorable delta BIC of over
1000 when I fit the beta to my data (could be the beginning of a great
song..) versus my original binomial fit.

Jeff Evans
Michigan State University