[R] Download daily weather data

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Fri Feb 27 10:14:05 CET 2009

Dear Thomas,

more for the sake of completeness and as an alternative to R. There are GRIB data [1] sets available (some for free) and there is the GPL software Grads [2]. Because the Grib-Format is well documented it should be possible to get it into R easily and make up your own plots/weather analyis. I do not know and have not checked if somebody has already done so.

I use this information/tools aside of others during longer-dated off-shore sailing.

Best,
Bernhard

[1] http://www.grib.us/
[2] http://www.iges.org/grads/

=NY&site=BGM&textField1=42.4422&textField2=-76.5002&e=0>&FcstType=digital),