[R] Will ctv package work on ubuntu?

Brian Lunergan ff809 at ncf.ca
Fri Feb 27 15:19:29 CET 2009

Hi ho:

I had used the ctv package on a Windows setup of R and I was wondering
about Ubuntu. Certainly under Windows it has an easy time of it because
there is only one library folder to scan for existing packages. Would
its install.views and update.views functions work in Ubuntu where the
packages are split up between the library established by R-cran
downloads from synaptic and the default library used by 'conventional'
downloads using install.packages?

If it can't handle that distinction between a Windows and a Linux
situation, is it a package I should remove for now?

Regards...
--
Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario