[R] Where to find old R packages?

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 17:31:43 CET 2009

on 01/02/2009 08:38 AM francogrex wrote:
> What happens to old R packages? Is there a place where they are stored like
> an archive? I'm looking for a package called ScanoR that doesn't exist
> anymore on CRAN, the author doesn't exist anymore... I had made copies of
> all packages (fearing that some might be "taken off the air" but
> unfortuantely the ScanoR package was removed before I started making copies
> in 2007). Any help appreciated. Thanks.

At the bottom of the package listing on your favorite CRAN mirror, under
"Related Directories", there are links for Archived and Orphaned packages.

However, it would appear that this package is not listed there.

A quick Google search reveals that the 2006 version of the manual is
available here:

  www.agric.wa.gov.au/aboutus/AS/ScanoRManual.pdf

and via a manual check, a Windows binary is here:

  http://www.agric.wa.gov.au/aboutus/AS/ScanoR.zip

However, I could not locate a tar file as the package source.

The author, Mario D'Antuono does have contact information here:

  http://www.agric.wa.gov.au/aboutus/as/biometrics_index.htm#mario

so you may wish to contact him directly.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz