[R] passing parameters to an R script

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 21:12:19 CET 2009

No you can not pass an address to a function.  If you want to change
the value of something, then return it as a value and assign it to the
object so you can see what is going on.  Must be coming from the "C"
environment where such things are allowed and lead to a number of
problems.

If you really have your heart set to do it, look at the '<<-' operator
(or 'assign'), but use it with care.

To retrieve environment values, use "Sys.getenv".