[R] R in the NY Times

Rubén Roa-Ureta rroa at udec.cl
Wed Jan 7 16:00:28 CET 2009

Zaslavsky, Alan M. wrote:
> This article is accompanied by nice pictures of Robert and Ross.
>
> Data Analysts Captivated by Power of R
>   http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/07/technology/business-computing/07program.html

Thanks for the heads up. The R morale is going through the roof!
I've given three courses on R since the second half of 2007 here in
Chile (geostatistics, Fisheries Libraries for R, and generalized linear
models) and all my three audiences (professionals working in academia,
government, and private research institutions) were very much impressed
by the power of R. I spent as much time on R itself as on the
statistical topics, since students wanted to learn data management and
graphics once they started to grasp the basic elements.
R creators, Core Team, package creators and maintainers, and experts on
the list, thanks so much for such a great work and such an open
attitude. You lead by example.
Rubén