[R] New York Times Article: Data Analysts Captivated by R's Power

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Wed Jan 7 22:23:02 CET 2009

Sure, that statement is in it self somewhat amusing.  But the article
itself is very good PR.  I am sending off copies of the link to many of
my colleagues, some sceptic, others not sceptic at all.  Thanks!

Tom

Arthur Burke wrote:
> Readers of this list might be interested in the following article in the
> New York Times and might find amusing the notion that "Some people
> familiar with R describe it as a supercharged version of Microsoft's
> Excel spreadsheet software...".
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/07/technology/business-computing/07progra
> m.html?_r=1&ref=technology
>
> Art
>
> Art Burke
> Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory
> 101 SW Main St, Suite 500
> Portland, OR 97204-3213
>
> Phone:  503-275-9592 / 800-547-6339
>
> Fax: 503-275-0450
>
> burkea at nwrel.org
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

| Tom Backer Johnsen, Psychometrics Unit,  Faculty of Psychology |
| University of Bergen, Christies gt. 12, N-5015 Bergen,  NORWAY |
| Tel : +47-5558-9185                        Fax : +47-5558-9879 |
| Email : backer at psych.uib.no    URL : http://www.galton.uib.no/ |